[ANN] UK weather service

From: Caolan McMahon

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:28:25 +0000

Users in the UK might be interested to know I've added weather forecasts to my gemini capsule:

gemini://caolan.uk/weather/

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback,

Caolan

--------

From: Charlie Stanton

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 22:02:08 +0000

On Mon Jan 25, 2021 at 5:28 PM GMT, Caolan McMahon wrote:

> Users in the UK might be interested to know I've added weather forecasts

> to my gemini capsule:

> gemini://caolan.uk/weather/

Nice! Maybe I'm just being daft but I can't find Essex, is the list of locations

dynamic or only the forecast withing each location?

--------

From: Luke Emmet

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 07:57:44 +0000

On 25-Jan-2021 22:02, Charlie Stanton wrote:

>> gemini://caolan.uk/weather/

> Nice! Maybe I'm just being daft but I can't find Essex, is the list of locations

> dynamic or only the forecast withing each location?

Hi there, fellow Gemini-Essexonian!

Just browse into "East of England", then Essex is in there:

? gemini://caolan.uk/weather/ee/essex.gmi

Over here in my part of Essex, the weather is

? gemini://caolan.uk/cgi-bin/weather.py/wxfcs/310053

Also many thanks to Caolan for this new service - you may wish to submit

this to

? gemini://gempaper.strangled.net/mirrorlist/

?- Luke

--------

From: Charlie Stanton

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:23:05 +0000

On Tue Jan 26, 2021 at 7:57 AM GMT, Luke Emmet wrote:

> Just browse into "East of England", then Essex is in there:

> gemini://caolan.uk/weather/ee/essex.gmi

Thanks! Somehow I missed that and was only looking in South East.

This is certainly my new favourite way to check the weather

--------

From: Caolan McMahon

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 09:13:47 +0000

> This is certainly my new favourite way to check the weather

Glad you like it :)

I'm sure the layout could be improved. If anyone has suggestions or wants to email me a gemtext example of what you'd like I'll definitely consider it.

Caolan

--------

-- Response ended

-- Page fetched on Tue Jun 18 15:50:07 2024