From: Martin <martin@datapulp.de>

Subject: Re: Gemini client for legacy systems.

Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 14:04:05 +0100

Message content

Am 15.12.22 um 18:39 schrieb D Finnigan:

> Pepinno The Great wrote:

>> It may be that many people interested on Gemini are on it for its own

>> merits, but I posit that quite some people interested on Gemini come from

>> the retro-computing camp. But, alas!, retro is not allowed to partake

>> in Gemini.

It's more a technical thing. Many modern concepts can not be adapted to

30-40 year old systems. Concepts, like TLS encryption or 255 voice

synthesized sounds do simply not map to a simple processor.

This possibly can be done with some newly created extra hardware - but

this is not really retro. This is new.

Well, Gemini had been written with a specific idea in mind. So

everybody, who wants to do something with his retro computer, also can

be creative and build new things, hardware, protocols etc.

Martin

Related

Parent:

Re: Gemini client for legacy systems. (by D Finnigan <dog_cow@macgui.com> on Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:39:08 -0000 (UTC))

Start of thread:

Gemini client for legacy systems. (by Anthk <anthk@disroot.org> on Mon, 10 Oct 2022 21:05:43 -0000 (UTC))

Children:

Re: Gemini client for legacy systems. (by Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> on 23 Dec 2022 09:33:10 +0000 (GMT))

-- Response ended

-- Page fetched on Sat Jun 15 07:31:42 2024