From: rtr <rtr@haraya.invalid>

Subject: Re: In the news

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 10:10:02 +0800

Message content

Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> writes:

> rtr wrote:

>> [...]

>> Funnily enough, I was reading a lot about IPFS a few days ago because I

>> thought it's a neat protocol with all the fancy modern web crap that

>> they've pulled in their website. But then I came across this guy's blog:

>> https://fiatjaf.com/d5031e5b.html

>> Which promptly killed all of my enthusiasm with IPFS. It seems like a

>> half-baked protocol that sounds neat in theory but is quite bad in

>> practice. I don't want my files having anything to do with something

>> like that.

> Heh, I get that feeling from a fair number of "modern" things. It's

> almost as if all the new frameworks and such that make programming

> easier also make it easier to just make a horrible mess.

They've created their own complex way of making things simple. Is what I

gathered from most ``modern'' tech. It's just crap over crap over crap

and crap. I'm sure there are good technical reasons as to why they were

developed but at some you have to ask yourself: ``Maybe it's time to

just create a new thing for this instead of bolting in it into the

existing framework.''

--

Ang kalayaan ay dili gihatag, ini'y giabot.

--

{gemini,gopher}://kalayaan.xyz

Related

Parent:

Re: In the news (by Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> on Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:16:17 -0000 (UTC))

Start of thread:

In the news (by David <david@arch.invalid> on Sat, 29 Jan 2022 19:07:21 +0100)

Children:

Re: In the news (by Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> on Tue, 1 Feb 2022 09:42:55 -0000 (UTC))

-- Response ended

-- Page fetched on Sat Jun 1 12:05:08 2024