From: Jason McBrayer <jmcbray@carcosa.net>

Subject: Re: Gemini markup extensions [Was: Re: a solution for emphasis]

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 09:17:17 -0500

Message content

Vlad Markov <vlad@happy.dwarf7.net> writes:

> On 2022-02-07, Winston <wbe@UBEBLOCK.psr.com.invalid> wrote:

> I do not think any more rendering directives should be added to gemini.

> If more advanced rendering is required then use a pdf document A gemini

> URL can point to a pdf document. There is little value in recreating

> HTML in gemini.

I do think gemtext should be declared "done", and no extensions

added. But it's perfectly reasonable to serve other content-types over

Gemini. I'm strongly considering serving org-mode text.

--

Jason McBrayer | “Strange is the night where black stars rise,

jmcbray@carcosa.net | and strange moons circle through the skies,

| but stranger still is lost Carcosa.”

| ― Robert W. Chambers,The King in Yellow

Related

Parent:

Re: Gemini markup extensions [Was: Re: a solution for emphasis] (by Vlad Markov <vlad@happy.dwarf7.net> on Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:41:37 -0000 (UTC))

Start of thread:

a solution for emphasis (by Gustaf Erikson <gerikson@gmial.com> on Sat, 05 Feb 2022 00:13:15 +0100)

Children:

Re: Gemini markup extensions [Was: Re: a solution for emphasis] (by Winston <wbe@UBEBLOCK.psr.com.invalid> on Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:41:13 -0500)

-- Response ended

-- Page fetched on Fri Jun 14 10:59:33 2024