From: bacardi55 <bac@rdi55.pl>

Subject: Re: Geminisphere via backlinks

Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 10:32:42 +0200

Message content

Hi,

Just seeing this thread now.

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 11:12:38 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

> > Plain Text wrote:

> >> Got a proof-of-concept working of a pingback script

> > I know very little about gemini, but that sounds like an early sign of

> > building into gemini the sort of crap that weighs down http/html and I

> > though gemini was meant to act as an escape from?

> In this case, this is not something that clients will automatically do. If

> the user has written a response to a Gemini page, and they notice the page

> mentions a link to submit your response, they can go in and fill that

> form. The script checks if the link actually exists in order to prevent

> spam to some degree.

> This is similar to a manual webmention [1][2].

> [1]: https://indieweb.org/Webmention

> [2]: https://www.w3.org/TR/webmention/

For what is worth, I've worked and implemented a similar idea that I

think still stay aligned with Gemini idea:

gemini://gmi.bacardi55.io/gemlog/2022/02/27/my-take-on-gemlog-replies/

It isn't popular at all and most responses I got where negative but

the concept works (and is in place on my capsule) 🤷.

Cheers,

--

bacardi55

Related

Parent:

Re: Geminisphere via backlinks (by Leo <usenet@gkbrk.com> on Sat, 5 Mar 2022 11:48:06 -0000 (UTC))

Start of thread:

Geminisphere via backlinks (by Plain Text <text@sdfeu.org> on Sat, 26 Feb 2022 20:23:45 -0000 (UTC))

Children:

Re: Geminisphere via backlinks (by Matthew Ernisse <matt@going-flying.com> on Wed, 6 Apr 2022 23:35:43 -0000 (UTC))

-- Response ended

-- Page fetched on Fri Jun 14 12:43:54 2024