-- Leo's gemini proxy

-- Connecting to gemini-textboard.fgaz.me:1965...

-- Connected

-- Sending request

-- Meta line: 20 text/gemini

Gemini Textboard

Back to thread list

#898 - Anonymous - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 02:34:03 UTC

My friend told me that he thinks the priests should not live in celibacy anymore and it would help with many problems in modern church. It makes sense, but on the other hand Jesus had no wife, didn't he?

#913 - Anonymous - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:40:49 UTC

Didn't he?

#914 - Anonymous - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 00:55:56 UTC

I'm not even christian so take it how you want, but I don't think this change would be bad. Christianity started a long time ago and if you over that time found some problems you could potentially solve, I don't see reason why not to try and solve them. I always have thought that doing something just because you always did it is kinda dumb.

#922 - Anonymous - Mon, 1 May 2023 09:53:58 UTC

Celibacy of priests is a pretty new idea in Christianity, introduced by Pope Gregory VII (1073-1085).

#955 - Anonymous - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 00:10:41 UTC

Is there any Biblical evidence to show that He never married? Is there any Biblical record of Him telling His followers not to marry?

#966 - Anonymous - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:18:51 UTC

Yes, there is biblical record of him speaking against marriage. Luke 20:34-36 KJV is a good example: “And Jesus answered and said unto them, The sons of this age marry, and are given in marriage: but they whom God accounted worthy of that age, to obtain the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the sons of God, being the children of the resurrection.”

#967 - Anonymous - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:29:53 UTC

And Paul (who is the apostle Jesus chose after his first 12 apostles had either betrayed him [Peter, Judas, James] or abandoned his teachings [Peter, James, John]) makes this even more explicit in his first letter to the Christian church in Corinth: 7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. 8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn with desire. 1 Corinthians 7:7-9 VFB

#968 - Anonymous - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:31:37 UTC

13 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be. 14 Art thou bound unto a wife? Seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? SEEK NOT A WIFE. 15 But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you. 16 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; 17 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; 18 And they that use

New reply

-- Response ended

-- Page fetched on Fri May 3 11:36:04 2024